Installing a split system in an apartment in the CBD of Melbourne requires some extra time and attention than installing in residential areas. As they say, time is money. Getting into and setting up everything required for a successful install takes a lot more time.
Here are some of the things we need to arrange.
- Travel time into and out of the CBD area.
- Efficiently gaining access to parking which requires an onsite car space to be provided by the client.
- Unloading and taking all equipment and air conditioners into lifts and down sometimes long corridors.
- Liaising with building management or concierge for access is sometimes required.
- In the case of the following install we also need to remove and dispose of an existing system.
Once all these things have been done, we can finally start the actual install.
This apartment located in the CBD was a change over from and old unit that was servicing the living/kitchen area of a one bedroom apartment.
The client elected to go with a new unit that would also service the bedroom as well. This meant we installed a multi split system. Multi split systems only have one out door unit which is really handy when you only have a small balcony available for the outdoor unit.
You can check out the video below to see how we did it and why…