GAINING BODY CORPORATE APPROVAL
If you live in an apartment building, lease an office or are in any other situation that requires body corporate approval you need to make sure you comply to their rules or you could be forced to remove your system.
You will need to gain approval with body corporate before we can install any air conditioning unit that involves any external alterations to the building.
Our online quoting system makes it much easier to gain body corporate approval because you can actually see where the unit is going to be located. This allows any objections to be sorted out prior to the installation keeping everybody happy. Even the smaller details like the duct cover colour can be seen.
The images below show original photos from clients and our digital image installation quotes.
The quotes above involved showing the body corporate that the clients wanted to mount the air conditioner off the balcony so they didn’t lose any space and that units could be mounted down the side of the building to prevent it being more noticeable from the street.
THE FOLLOWING IS WHAT A BODY CORPORATE MIGHT ASK YOU TO COMPLY WITH
Requirements for the placement and installation of air-conditioning equipment must have Owners Corporation approval and comply with the following:
- The colour of any unit/system and associated pipe and electrical connections must be in keeping with the finishes of the building.
- The unit/system and associated pipe and electrical connections must be installed 100mm below the horizontal height of the top balcony handrail. This includes all penetrations through the walls, window frames and all external finishes. Surface mounted pipes, conduits, brackets are not permitted to be affixed on the Owners Corporation areas. Penetrations must be neat with minimum clearance, be correctly sealed/weather-proofed and finished in keeping with the existing building finished in keeping with the existing building finishes.
- Operating noise levels of the unit/system must not interfere with or disrupt adjoining neighbours and must be positioned such that the noise level at the bedroom window of another apartment does not exceed 45 dB , and may after installation/commissioning require additional sound proofing in order to satisfy this requirement.
- All condensate drainage must be installed in a manner that prevents water falling to neighbouring apartments and/or common areas below and must not damage or deface any part of the building finishes. Condensate waste must be discharged to an approved drain.
- The total air conditioning must be installed in accordance with the manufacturers installation/commissioning instructions and comply with all relevant governing authority guidelines, by laws, coded and regulations and be installed by qualified personnel/trades only.
- The area of installation must be thoroughly cleaned and all debris/packing materials etc., be removed from site. The Owners Corporation rubbish bins and recycle bins are not to be used for this purpose.
- Any damage incurred to the Owners Corporation building/services during the installation process will be made good by the Owners Corporation and charged to the owner of the lot/apartment.
- The Owners Corporation will not be responsible in any way for electrical supply, continuity of supply, water connections and/or supply of waste water drainage or preventative or emergency maintenance/service.
- A commissioning certificate signed and dated by the qualified installer must be presented to the Owners Corporation on completion.
We are experts at dealing with all these issues and are able to identify them prior to receiving these kinds of instructions.